How to Find the Best SUV Covers
A heavier and taller vehicle like an SUV is less likely to be affected when a collision occurs, making the occupants feel safer. The high seating position allows the driver to handle the vehicle properly through narrow roads and traffic jams as they manage to get excellent visibility of the road ahead.
One of the major selling points of these sturdy vehicles is that they have more cargo room. The cargo volume and flexibility are the key factors that make consumers gravitate towards these vehicles. Many people associate SUVs with convenience. What’s more, according to many, size implies prestige. And people want prestige.
Along with the cargo volume and reliability, an SUV typically lends itself to being more capable than most other vehicles currently in the market. These vehicles are also known for being safe and reliable, as they can easily get you to your destination even in harsh weather conditions.
It is very much true that an SUV is vulnerable to damage every time it hits the road. Even if it is parked in a garage, there is no shortage of opportunities to get dinged, scratched, or marked with water damage. If you own an SUV, it is important for you to protect your ride against damaging elements.
How to Find the Best SUV Covers
There are several high-quality solutions to keep your SUV safe from inclement weather and other damaging elements. Here are some important points that you can consider before purchasing a cover for your SUV.
For Outdoor Use
- If you do not have a garage and if you are forced to park your SUV outdoors, a platinum shield, weatherproof SUV cover is a good choice for protection from the elements. Such covers are made of a thick, UV-treated, and reflective polyester material that is coated with polyurethane.
- The polyurethane coating allows the cover to easily repel water, disallowing the moisture from soaking in.
- Another important advantage of the Platinum Shield SUV covers is that they are made of synthetic fabric materials that are naturally resistant against mold, mildew, and rot. A waterproof SUV car cover doesn’t just keep water out but also leaves sizable gaps for moisture to escape.
- A reflective, weatherproof cover protects your SUV from damaging UV rays. The cover keeps the interior temperatures down, which will prolong the life of your fabrics, leathers, and plastics. Such covers also reduce heat transfer, which can melt interior parts and weaken the glue, causing the headliner to sag.
- High-quality outdoor covers are usually made with multiple layers to weather environmental damage. They offer superior protection against hail damage, water stains, and dings. An ideal outdoor car cover should be durable and heavy-duty.
- An effective cover includes a soft fleece lining layer on the inside that is kind to your paint, chrome, and other surfaces, never causing scratches or swirls.
- A top-quality cover also includes grommets that are built into the left and right sides of the cover, allowing it to secure your car against theft and vandalism. Such covers also include elasticized front and rear hems that contribute to a snug fit, while accessory gust straps are available for high wind protection, ensuring that the cover does not get blown away during strong winds.
For Indoor Use
- Parking your car indoors may protect it from inclement weather; however, that does not mean that your vehicle is not exposed to other risks such as dust, dirt, insect frass, and animal scratches. It may not be necessary for an indoor car cover to be weatherproof, but it should be breathable, protective, and soft on the inside.
- Dust, dirt, and airborne contaminants can settle on your paint and polished surfaces and can dull finishes and induce corrosion over time. So, if you are planning to store your SUV indoors for a long period of time, it should be protected with an effective indoor SUV cover in order to preserve its condition, value, and appearance.
- Another disadvantage of indoor parking is that your vehicle could be bumped and banged by bikes and other cars. An ideal indoor cover should be thick enough to offer some bump protection without being too cumbersome to fit and remove.
- An effective indoor car cover should protect your vehicle against moisture ingress, but at the same time be breathable to prevent damp building upon the paintwork.
- Unlike an outdoor car cover, an ideal indoor car cover should be lightweight, thin, and silky to the touch.
- An effective indoor car cover is one that is lined with soft stretchable fleece and is non-abrasive, while the outside repels dust and dirt, forming a protective barrier against the rest of your garage.
While there are separate car covers available for indoor and outdoor parking, you need to understand that the best overall SUV car cover is one that should be effective both indoors and outdoors.
Why Choose Seal Skin’s Smartly Designed Car Covers?
At Seal Skin, we offer some of the best SUV car covers for both indoor and outdoor storage. When you invest in Seal Skin, here’s what you’ll get:
- Our car covers are durable and the multiple layers of our covers ensure complete protection of your car, even during harsh weather conditions such as the winter season. We offer some of the best snow covers for SUVs. Our car covers can protect your tires and spark plugs from getting weakened by freezing temperatures. Our covers can also protect the windscreen from the regular scraping of snow that can otherwise cause scratches.
- The multiple layers of a heavy-duty Seal Skin SUV cover provide advanced protection to ensure that your SUV is guaranteed to be safe from damage due to the sun’s rays, hail, tree sap, and other external factors.
- Our smartly designed Seal Skin SUV car covers are UV-resistant, waterproof, durable, and long-lasting, making them the ideal choice for your SUV in all weather conditions.
- The breathable nature of our Seal Skin SUV car covers prevents mold and mildew build-up by allowing moisture to escape.
- Adjustable straps and durable buckles ensure that our SUV covers can stand the test of strong wind. The double-stitched seams with elastic hem ensure a durable and snug fit. The reinforced grommets are made of non-metallic materials, such as plastic and rubber, to avoid any kind of scratches on your SUV.
Seal Skin offers some of the best SUV car covers on the market, able to:
- Protect your SUV from environmental and biological damage.
- Reduce the chances of theft and vandalism.
- Offer an ideal snug fit.
- Prevent dirt and dust formation.
- Prevent mold, mildew, and rot.
At Seal Skin, we offer a wide range of SUV car covers, and you can choose one based on your budget and need. You can call us at 800-915-0038 during our office hours (Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST) and we will help you find the right car cover that fits your needs and budget. We will also help you if you have any questions about our products, shipping policies, and exchange/refund policies.