How to Secure Car Covers Against Wind
Purchasing a car is an investment and there are many advantages to owning a car. You can enjoy the convenience of being able to travel to any place you want; any time you want. You don’t have to rely on public transit. With your car, you are in charge of when you leave and arrive. A private car is a reliable mode of transportation as it gives you the freedom to live wherever you want and not worry about the distance to your workplace from where you live.
Owning a car allows you to go on trips with friends and family without having the need to plan anything in advance, as you will not have to worry about booking bus or train tickets. This is a big advantage as some of the best trips are those that aren’t planned in advance. You can leave for work whenever you want, since a car can save you time. You will not have to get off one bus to wait for and board another. During peak traffic, you can take alternative routes and reach your destination quickly.
For many, owning a car is not just a matter of convenience or luxury, but a source of pride. Purchasing your dream car after years of hard work can be a wonderful feeling. However, seeing your car with damage — even a minute scratch — can be heartbreaking. You need to understand that every vehicle irrespective of its price and design is susceptible to damage, and as a car owner you need to take the right precautions to safeguard it.
Use a Car Cover to Protect Your Vehicle Against the Elements
Hazardous outdoor elements such as snow, UV rays, hail, tree sap, bird droppings, and so on can wreak havoc on your vehicle. They can affect the exterior and interior of your vehicle. Indoor parking is not safe either, as dust and dirt formation can make the paint turn abrasive and cause minute scratches. Using a car cover is one of the best methods of protecting your vehicle against damaging elements.
It is also true that using an ineffective car cover is as bad as not using a cover at all. Universal-fit car covers tend to be overly large. This can cause various problems, especially during strong winds. These winds can cause the cover to flap against your vehicle, resulting in scratches or other damages. In the worst scenario, the cover can get blown away, leaving your car unprotected. It is important to secure your car cover in high winds.
How to Secure Car Covers Against Wind
A car cover that gets continuously blown away during strong winds defeats the point of owning one. However, there are some measures that you can take to ensure that your car cover performs optimally.
- Ensure proper fitting of the cover. You need to first secure the front end of the cover to the front bumper of your car. Once this is done, you need to check that the elastic hem fits securely. After this, pull the rest of the cover over your car, switching from one side of the vehicle to the other. Now, it should be easy for you to cover the vehicle’s rear end before securing the back end to the rear bumper.
- Use a custom cover or semi-custom cover for a perfect fit. Custom car covers are a much better option when compared to traditional covers, because they provide a snug fit that resists lifting even in high winds. Custom car covers are designed to fit any car depending on the vehicle's make, model, and year. They also feature pockets for side mirrors and antennae.
- Secure the gust strap. A car cover gust strap provides additional security as it allows you to pull the open areas of the car cover tightly, preventing the wind from loosening or moving your vehicle cover.
- Use binder clips as an alternative. Heavy and durable binder clips can be used as an alternative to gust straps and can be attached to your front and rear bumper to achieve a snug fit.
- Use reinforced grommets. Reinforced grommets not only protect the vulnerable areas of your car cover but can also stabilize the cover and help you tie it down more securely.
These basic steps will help every car owner effectively secure their car covers against the wind.
Why Trust Our Semi-Custom Seal Skin Car Covers?
Custom car covers can be expensive and may not be affordable for each and every car owner. At Seal Skin, we offer semi-custom-fit car covers that are cheaper when compared to custom covers and offer about the same level of protection. Our car covers provide a snug fit, preventing gaps around the hem that can trap the wind and cause the cover to blow away.
Sometimes, a tight-fitting cover can trap moisture, resulting in the formation of mold, mildew, and rot. Our smartly designed car covers are water-resistant and not waterproof. They leave sizable gaps that allow moisture to escape, thereby preventing mold and mildew build-up. Our products offer superior car cover wind protection.
How a Seal Skin Cover Stands the Test of Strong Winds
Over the years, our brand has built a reputation for securing car covers in high winds.
- Reinforced grommets and buckle straps keep your vehicle covered even on the windiest of days. Our heavy-duty car cover straps wind protector will securely hold your car cover down.
- The grommets act as a friendly agent to your vehicle as they are made of non-metallic materials such as rubber and plastic.
- The non-metal grommets of our car cover not only ensure that the cover remains firmly sealed around your car, but also prevent scratches that otherwise can be caused by metal grommets.
- The inner fleece lining ensures a snug fit because of its softness, thereby preventing your vehicle from any kind of scratch.
- Unlike traditional covers, our semi-custom covers provide a near-perfect fit, ensuring that they will not get blown away during strong winds.
- The breathable nature of our covers prevents moisture by making sure that it evaporates through the fabric layers and does not get trapped underneath the cover. This is significant, otherwise, your car can get wet and the paint will be damaged.
- Conventional car covers have an uneven hem which makes them ineffective. A Seal Skin car cover’s elastic band is designed in such a way that you can tighten the cover as much as you need.
Our car covers come in a variety of colors and sizes, so you can choose one based on your preference. The amazing features allow you to secure your car cover in high winds and protect your vehicle comprehensively.
At Seal Skin, we offer high-quality semi-custom-fit car covers with a guaranteed fit and excellent value. Our products are reasonably priced and we will ship your order right to your doorstep at no additional cost. We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty with every purchase.
You can call us at 800-915-0038 during our office hours (Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST) and we will help you find the right car cover that fits your needs and budget. We will also help you if you have any questions about our products, shipping policies, and exchange/refund policies.