Do You Need a Waterproof ATV Cover?
An ATV can be one of the most expensive purchases you make, so obviously, you’d want to keep it in pristine condition for as long as you can. Unfortunately, some ATV owners tend to overlook the fact that their ultra-tough and seemingly indestructible rides need some attention, too. True, ATVs may look completely badass, but they won’t last without constant care.
How do you take care of a vehicle designed to withstand almost anything? Aside from regular maintenance, consider investing in a high-quality waterproof ATV cover.
Why Should You Invest in ATV Covers?
It may look rugged and tough, but like any other vehicle, your ATV needs some TLC. Just because it looks extremely strong and imposing doesn’t mean that you can just leave it anywhere when not in use. That won’t be good for your ATV, since it may accelerate the deterioration process, causing it to age faster than it normally would.
As a general rule, you should store your ride properly, especially when not in use. Parking in a garage or any secure enclosure is always the best option, but not everyone has access to one. If you’re not one of the privileged few and are forced to keep your badass ride outside, you need to invest in a high-quality waterproof ATV cover.
A heavy-duty ATV cover can effectively protect your four-wheeler against the damaging effects of the elements. Specifically, the best ATV cover can protect your ride against harmful UV rays, rain, and debris. Prolonged exposure to the sun may not only ruin the seats, but can cause considerable damage to the tires, grips, and cables, while leaving your ATV out in the rain increases the risk of corrosion and excessive condensation from within your gas tank.
Without the proper protection, your ATV doesn’t have the slightest chance against wind-blown objects and random falling objects. Even small particles such as dust and dirt can scratch the exterior finish and cause considerable damage over time. Additionally, a heavy-duty ATV cover serves as an effective deterrent against theft and vandalism. Thieves and vandals tend to want easy targets, and an extra barrier might cause them to look elsewhere.
ATV covers may be a great option for protecting rides that don’t have access to indoor parking, but did you know that you should also consider using them even if you park your four-wheeler in a garage? Why should you bother? Well, unless your garage is air-tight and temperature-regulated, dust, pollen, and moisture can still get in and wreak havoc on your four-wheeler. You wouldn’t want that to happen, so for your added security and peace of mind, consider using an ATV cover even if you keep your ATV in the garage.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Waterproof ATV Cover
Now that you know the reasons why using a cover is a great idea, the next thing you need to know is how to pick one for your ATV. We understand your hesitation, especially if you’re new to this and are unsure how you should go about choosing the best ATV cover for your baby. Here are some things you need to consider when buying a heavy-duty ATV cover for your badass four-wheeler.
- Storage Location. First, consider where you’re storing your ATV. Do you park indoors or outdoors? Indoor covers are usually made of lighter materials and are designed to provide protection against dust, dirt, debris, and moisture. Hence, they are not suitable for outdoor use. On the other hand, outdoor covers are made of thicker materials and are designed to provide more insulation against heat and cold, so it’s best to avoid them for indoor use.
- If you’re parking outdoors, you’ll need a cover that provides suitable protection against rain, snow, and excess moisture. For indoor storage, however, you can use a cover that offers lighter protection.
- UV Protection. Choose a cover with a reflective layer to bounce off the heat and harmful UV rays. For even better results, go for a cover with advanced UV inhibitors.
- Ideally, the cover should be made of at least three layers of high-quality materials. It should have a durable outer layer made of tough denier polyester fabric, a substantial yet breathable middle layer to reduce dents and dings and promote better air circulation, and a soft inner layer that doesn’t scratch the finish.
- Find a cover that covers the entire ATV. Avoid getting oversized covers, as they allow moisture to seep through and damage your components.
- If you’re planning on keeping your ATV for a long time, it’s best that you get a cover with a warranty. This will guarantee that the manufacturer will repair or replace the cover in case of defects.
Tough Rides Need Tougher Protection. That’s Why You Need Seal Skin Covers for Your ATV!
Off-roading is one of the best outdoor recreational activities there is. Whether you’re taking a relaxing forest cruise or embarking on an exciting uphill race, your ATV is working hard to give you the enjoyment you’re looking for. That’s why you need to return the favor. If you want to keep it in perfect working condition and ready for action, you need to take good care of your ride.
Aside from giving it regular washes and performing regular maintenance procedures, using a high-quality semi-custom car cover like the ones we have at Seal Skin can help keep your ride in excellent condition – just the way you like it!
At Seal Skin Covers, you’ll find the best ATV covers at a price that’s extremely friendly on the budget. And since we work hard to keep you satisfied, we only use the best materials and enforce strict manufacturing standards to ensure that each of our products will surpass your expectations.
Are you ready to make a purchase or would like to know more about our products, and exchange and refund policies? Call us at 800-915-0038 during our office hours (Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST) and we’ll gladly answer all of your queries. We will help you find the right cover that provides the ultimate protection for your ATV without going over your budget.